Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Tuesday 29 May 2007

And then a Hero comes along...

Or several of them.
Yes, I watched the last three episodes of Heroes over the weekend. These closed volume one and opened volume two, ready for next season. And I have to say I really loved it. They managed to end the exploding man story, while actually leaving enough questions in the air over the fate of certain characters to leave lots of little cliffhangers (rather than the one big one you'd get with most shows). I have to say that the actual resolution as to how they actually stop an exploding man was one I saw about mid season ..... but it didn't matter in the end. And the save the cheerleader, save the world thing was a bit of a red herring too .... but I shall say no more in case you haven't seen it yet.

Then of course, The Doctor. Or not as we last saw him. With his Time Lord persona hidden away in a watch, the lives of his housemaid and potential lover in the balance ..... Who at its best. And lots of location work at the Museum of Welsh Life, which apparently was packed on Sunday and Monday by people running around pointing at the various parts seen in the programme (I didn't go, Maria did ... she told me).

And finally Spiderman. I really thought that 4 weeks in, the crowds would have died down ... but no. A Sunday afternoon showing was almost sold out and full of kids. In particular, a 3 year old girl and her five year old brother who haven't been taught that you don't talk, scream, play or make siren noises during a film just because its a chatty bit to move the plot along. I hope Venom gave them nightmares. The film wasn't bad .... just not good either. The writing was a tad shoddy as they desperately tried to cram in action and plot for 5 main characters and a few minor ones too. It was almost like a lego house made by a child .... you could see exactly where one style of bricks stops and the other starts, leaving no fluidity or flow at all. And Venom? The evil, twisted symbiote I have waited years to see fully realised ...... blink and you'll miss him.

And it fucking pissed down all weekend. Which meant that the trip to the beach we planned with Toby was off... and we had our picnic sat in front of the telly instead.
Today, back to work .... of course the sun is shining.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooooh, I can't wait to see that Doctor Who episode. Everyone's raved on the blogosphere...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home