Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Tuesday 22 May 2007

Light My Fire

So the plumbers came yesterday. They tinkered, they fixed, they replaced and cleaned. And the pilot light was back! The heating worked! We had running hot water! Until about an hour after they left .....
Now to be fair, Chris and Alan are very good chaps indeed. They did say that they hadn't actually managed to fix the problem when it came back .... largely as they couldn't actually find a problem and didn't want to go replacing parts willy nilly and causing me great expense. It worked for a good 2 hours before they felt confident enough to leave .... but it does now mean that they will have to investigate much more expensive avenues. two were mentioned, please don't ask what they were, do I look like I had a clue what it all meant? More to the point, I think my attention wandered as the conversation was more than 30 seconds long on one topic .... but I do know that each option (and bear in mind, they could do one and it still not be the root of the problem meaning the other would still have to be done...) is a few hundred quid. So I am now thinking a new boiler must just be an easier option.

And of course, last week was stripping walls and painting week. I am officially utterly shit at decorating. But I did spend a lot of time up ladders ... terrified ... and survived. Sadly, there is some shit on the walls that wont come off that nothing sticks to that was a standard back in the early 1900's and its causing my rather bad paint job to crack like a whores dried knickers on a Sunday morning. We could spend money and time, sanding, plastering, painting .. or we can just buy lots of throws, drapes and pictures to go on the wall.

Last Tuesday we were filmed as a group for a BBC tv quiz show. Called What Are You Like? it will fill the 2.00pm weekday slot at some point come September. ZZZZZ list celebs will be asked to pre-empt answers to our personality based questions, given who we are (firemen, nurses, actors etc....). We had a scream filming it, largely as they had made me spokesman and I couldn't actually ever remember half the options given to us ..... I'll shout when its broadcast .....

And speaking of people being on telly ... look, its my mate Mark Leete!




And here I am, the moment I won my award ......

Plus, Saturday night was the Vox awards in Hinckley. Graham, the jammie git, got booked into a suite! So not fair ... but I did have teh adjoining room .... great night ... came off my self imposed drinking ban, got a bit drunk ... met a very nice chap called Alan and spent most of the night chatting and dancing with him .... and very cute he is too. They had an open mic thing going on as well as the best cheesey disco EVER. My god, some people should learn when to not sing in public though.....

Sunday, popped down to Luton on the way to a memorial for Adrian Cooper, who sadly passed away in December by falling in the river Thames, drunk. Sad as it was, there is no better way for him to go. Rather that than in 80 years time as a frail old man who has lost his faculties and shits the bed. We planted a tree outside our old student union in his memory. Wherever you are Ade, I bet you've got them laughing.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two things: 1) Hinckley?? I spent a weeke there one day... Stayed at that hotel (I'm assuming it was the one with Poseidon in the foyer) far too many times for far too many Cons... To give you an idea of Hinckley, it's where the Trekkie/er who recreated the Enterprise in his flat lives. Yes, it's that exciting. 2) We had a new boiler put in about three months ago (old one taken out, pipes cleaned, you know the sort of thing). Four Grand! A coupla hundred quid might be a better option...

    John in Letchworth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home