Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Monday 16 June 2008

7 Songs

I have been tagged by young Mr Kemsphall ...

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to."

1. In My Arms - Kylie. Current single from the brilliant album X. Clearly, given I am off to see The Impossible Princess live twice in the next two months, I need to be fully up on latest lyrics, so X spends a lot of time on the CD player in the car. Also helps that if you don't listen really carefully, you can get away with singing 'how does it feel, in my arse' to much homosexual hilarity.

2. Incredible - Madonna. From Hard Candy. A bouncy piece, largely about somebody who is a great shag and generally great to be around. I like to think of Dan during this song. Because even after all this time, I cant get my head around how great it is to have him in my life.

3. White Diamond - Kylie. Dan made me the copy of X I have in the car and included the acoustic version of this from the White Diamond DVD. Its written by Babydaddy and Jake Shears from Scissor Sisters and sung by Kylie, so what's not to love? It also sends out a very beautiful message about being there for your friends in their time of need. I'd hope I can be their White Diamond when they need me. One friend in particular, who popped into my mind a week or so ago, for no reason I could fathom as I listened to the song. I sent him the lyrics and wonder if he knows just how much his friendship means to me. Which is quite a feat given we have never communicated in any other form than textually - by phone or pc. But you know when you just get a gut feeling about somebody, that they are important in your life and you may be in theirs one day - well, that's how I feel about him.

4. New York to LA - Patsy somebodyorotherIcantremember. Used as Pam Ann's curtain call and signature tune. Kind of addicted to Pam Ann right now. Really, check our her stuff. Its all over youtube and she has a live DVD.

5. World Looking In - Morcheeba. Ive had this track kicking around for years now, but recently re-discovered it when I bought a 3cd complete Morcheeba set for about 2 quid off play. It sets up images of my mind of spending a cozy night in with your special somebody. Just the two of you, maybe in a log cabin, in big Val Doonican jumpers, with a roaring fire and some chilled out music and a bottle of wine. Maybe one of you is reading a book to the other as you snuggle up. See, you had no idea I could do romantic, did you? Just you ask Dan! Different man behind closed doors, me.

6. Mamma Mia - ABBA. Ok, I'm not exactly playing this through choice right now, its just that at Showcase I get it every 15 mins or so on the Mamma Mia trailer. And it is my fave ABBA song. And I cant wait for the film ... and WALL*E. Just had to get that in there.

7. Defying Gravity - Idina Menzel, Kristina Chenowith & the cast of Wicked. Oh come on. You didn't think there wouldn't be a Wicked mention, did you? This was a tough call mind you. For Good was equally viable as it again, sums up some important friendships for me .... but I need to end on the drama, so Defying Gravity it is. A great song, about making big decisions in your life, moving forward, because you have to keep moving forward, and taking a risk. I took a risk by moving to Wales - for me it was a very big decision, to leave behind everything I had known, all the good times and bad, the friends and family, the proximity to London - which I always felt was essential in ever re-launching my acting career. But it paid off big time. I am happier than ever before, my (frankly very unstable back then) mental & emotional well being improved, and nobody, in all of OZ, no wizard that there is or was, is ever gonna bring me down.

And I tag:
David J Thacker - because once every six months is just poor!
Mark Leete - because with sooooooooooo much music in your collection, your answers will be wonderful I am sure.
Roo - because you know you need to do this more often dear.
Nabusan - Because I will learn much from your choices, about what the kids listen to these days!
Bsabas - because its always nice to hear from you
Kevin Charnas - because you are a gem and I love you dearly.
Richie - because you are always threatening to start a blog so maybe you will flippin well do it now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home