Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Friday 12 January 2007

Defying Gravity

So thanks to young Richie, I have been listening to the Broadway cast CD of Wicked a lot this week. And ever since I first heard it a few months back one song has really struck a chord. You know how sometimes a song will do that and you stick it on repeat for about 6 weeks then move on? Just me? Like I care.
So anyway, this one song has done that and today I think I figured out why. Its very reminiscent (although the reasons and split not as extreme) as the day I had to tell Mark I really was moving away from him to find a new life for myself. I know it hurt him but I also know that as my best friend, he knew I had to do it. And he is still my best friend and always will be. The move didn't change that but I miss him so much it kills me some days. And of course, he bought me tickets to see Wicked at the end of the month!

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!
It's time to try defying gravity
I think I'll try defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

GLINDA Can't I make you understand?You're having delusions of grandeur:
ELPHABA I'm through accepting limits 'cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change, but till I try, I'll never know!
Too long I've been afraid of losing love I guess I've lost
Well, if that's love it comes at much too high a cost!
I'd sooner buy defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye I'm defying gravity and you can't pull me down
Glinda - come with me. Think of what we could do
Unlimited. Together we're unlimited.
Together we'll be the greatest team There's ever been
Glinda - Dreams, the way we planned 'em
GLINDA If we work in tandem:
BOTH There's no fight we cannot win, just you and I defying gravity
With you and I defying gravity
ELPHABA They'll never bring us down!
Well? Are you coming?
GLINDA I hope you're happy, now that you're choosing this
ELPHABA You too. I hope it brings you bliss
BOTH I really hope you get it, and you don't live to regret it
I hope you're happy in the end. I hope you're happy, my friend
ELPHABA So if you care to find me, look to the western sky! As someone told me lately "Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!" And if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free.
To those who'd ground me, take a message back from me
Tell them how I am Defying gravity
I'm flying high defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!

Mark, if you ever care to find me, look to the western sky and there you will see you and I defying gravity.
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home