Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Tuesday 9 January 2007

Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear?

Really? Why? And how? Can they 'bamf' like Nightcrawler? Perhaps they are fitted with a time rotor and materialising circuits like the TARDIS and can materialise at will? In which case, do they have chameleon circuits too? Are they actually just like chickens when you pick them out of the freezer at Tesco and all the heads, beaks, feathers and shit just an image projected? So are they also dimensionally transcendental and are not different sizes? I mean, when did you last see a sparrow in the freezer for sale? Always roughly chicken or turkey sized those birds in the supermarket. I shall look at Steve the Heron in new light today when he comes to fish under my office window.

See, what started this was my random singing of the line 'why do birds suddenly appear' while gazing out of the window .... as a duck floated by on the river .... so as I suggested it, a bird did suddenly appear. Maybe its me. perhaps I can summon creations at will? Lets experiment..... I shall say the next bit aloud.

Ben Browder has just pulled into the car park!
Give me a sec............

................. apparently not. Oh well, that puts pay to that theory. Unless its just animals and small wild fowl.

And this is me sober............. you have to marvel how Dan copes.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:47 am, Blogger Roo Green said…

    Thing is, I often ponder over lyrics too. That Carpenters' one has always intrigued me, mainly because I always imagine a flock of quite predatory birds turning up which would scare me. I can only conclude that the reason that birds 'suddenly appear' is the fact that Karen's bloke is a pigeon fancier. Nice.

     
  • At 9:49 am, Blogger Pete Kempshall said…

    Or the cynic's answer: he's so gorgeous that every time he walks into a room all the 'birds' therein flock to him.

     
  • At 12:32 pm, Blogger Peter Pan said…

    or Karen Carpenter was actually dating the bird lady from Mary Poppins.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home