Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Wednesday 24 January 2007

Coincidentally.

Life has patterns.

Now, I don't intend to get too deep and meaningful on the inner working of the universe, but don't you find coincidence happens just too often for coincidence to actually be a coincidence at all?

The main things I have noticed in life and more so of late are these:

There are three things that constantly come back in my life. Quite randomly.
Peter Pan
Narnia
The Wizard of Oz

Now, one could argue that these are very popular franchises in our culture and are bound to be everywhere.
And this would be true.

But lets just follow one thread for a second. I'll keep this as simple as possible.

Summer show 1997 I was Smee in Peter Pan. Summer Show 1998 I was Prof plastic covered in red glitter will not guarantee engine performance but its a cute gimmick, ok). This lead to me calling in to a radio phone in about lucky charms as I thought mine was quite a good one. That was the first time I spoke to Rach/Roo. She then remembered me a whole six months later when we finally got meet up. After we had been mates for a while, Rach had to change stations and was asked to also change her name as they already had a Rachel there .... and she couldn't even be new Rachel as the current Rachel was called Rachel New! So they asked for something to rhyme with crew ...... and she ended up with Ruby - Ru for short, which eventually became Roo as she is today. Since then, Ruby Slippers continually crop up in her life.
During Big Brother 4, I had a mission to get to every single eviction (I succeeded too) and so that you could always find me in the crowd, I wore a very bright green shirt. The second week I arrived in the queue, one of the girls I had been chatting to the previous week just announced to the crowd 'Peter Pan is here'. A name that had been applied to me on and off for years. It stuck and she still calls me Peter to this day! It then became one of my focuses for mine and Marks holiday to Disneyland Paris in 2004. His relative 'thing' is Alice in Wonderland ..... keep an eye on that and see how often those two come up together and not just in Disney. You'll be amazed.
Now, while in America last November, I bought myself the novel Wicked. I had heard of the show, hadn't realised it was a book about ten years before! Now, although Mark knows about me and my liking for all things Oz, he was with me in my big Evita phase .... so if I had been guessing he was getting me show tickets for Christmas, I would have thought he would have got those. Or Avenue Q as I was banging on about it a lot in December. Yes, i was also saying i wanted to see Wicked .... but from Marks perspective, it wasn't the obvious choice...... then, totally independently Rach then bought me The Grimmerie for Christmas - the big hard back guide to the making of Wicked.

Its all a bit random i guess ... but they are three things that just come back into my life time and time again.

The blog name really should give it away.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:10 am, Blogger Roo Green said…

    You forgot in your initial call to me at the radio station - the lucky charm you talked about was your pair of...ruby slippers!

     
  • At 11:02 am, Blogger Peter Pan said…

    Yeah, kind of got lost in my ramblings there........

     

Post a Comment

<< Home