Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Thursday 25 January 2007

Identity Crisis

Unlimited
The damage is unlimited
To everyone I've tried to help
Or tried to love
And, oh, you're the latest
Victim of my greatest achievement
In a long career of distress
Every time I could, I tried making good
And what I made was a mess!
No good deed goes unpunished
No act of charity goes unresented
No good deed goes unpunished
That's my new creed
My road of good intentions
Led where such roads always lead
No good deedGoes unpunished!
One question haunts and hurts
Too much, too much to mention:
Was I really seeking good
Or just seeking attention?
Is that all good deeds are
When looked at with an ice-cold eye?
If that's all good deeds are
Maybe that's the reason why
No good deed goes unpunished
All helpful urges should be circumvented
No good deed goes unpunished
Sure, I meant well - Well, look at what well-meant did:
All right, enough - so be it
So be it, then:
Let all be agreedI'm wicked through and through
Since I can not succeed, saving you
I promise no good deed
Will I attempt to do again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home