Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Tuesday 12 September 2006

I'm flying high like a rocket in the sky

Recognise that line? Probably not.

Its from Sonic Boom Boy by Westworld. Randomly, the song has been mentioned twice in my presence in the last 7 days, so you are getting to hear about it too as its now in my head but I haven't heard it in the better part of 20 years.

I remember this..... Westworld appeared to be a manufactured outfit and dressed in big faux 50's outfits (think more Stray Cats than Showaddywaddy) and the video to Sonic Boom Boy had them performing in their big colourful outfits and gradually turning into cartoon versions of themselves. However they were actually in a cinema on the screen but bits of cartoon kept flying out into the auditorium where a few patrons where watching the film. You have to assume this was either a shit film or maybe we were just in trailers ... there was a spate of showing pop promos rather than film trailers and commercials in the 80's. It was Cloudbusting (kate Bush) and Re-election Day (Arcadia, who were just three members of Duran Duran) with Back to the Future. Amongst said patrons were a couple snogging, some angry man and a few others I don't recall. The cartoon bits flying off the screen then hit the people, turning them into cartoon things. Angry man became a bee. And that's all I recall. Westworld then released Silver Mac, all about a bloke with a shiny coat presumably and I vaguely recall this playing under the closing credits for Saturday Superstore.......

But searching for it on You Tube has drawn a blank. Its the first time You Tube has let me down over a pop video. If you have the video for either Sonic Boom Boy or Silver Mac and can get them to me, please do leave a note in the comments.

Over today I have re-lived most of the Bananarama and Steps back catalogue. Don't tut or act surprised. I'm gay, what did you expect? Wasp?
Did you know that Bananarama released Last Thing on my Mind first? Me neither. It was when they were a duo, which wasn't exactly a highlight of their career. As Alanis Morrissette would say: you live, you learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home