Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Monday 14 August 2006

There's no place like home...

Happy Monday!

Some tales from the weekend for you....

Friday night I went up to London to be in the studio audience for discussion programmers Big Brothers Big Mouth. I have been a few times now and last year even made it on to the panel as an official BB obsessive ... but this Friday marked two special occasions.
1. Dermot was on the panel and I got to have his arm around me and our picture taken...
2. For the first time ever I was lost for words on tv. You see, Russell Brand, the genius comic host usually darts about like a wild thing so when he spoke to my mate Katrina sat next to me, I really thought he would move on to a different part of the studio for his next comment but instead asked me .... sadly my head had turned its focus to getting another admiring glance at Dermot and was not in what do I think of housemate Nikki who has just gone back in the house mode. So what did I say? 'She is evil and should be burned at the stake' Harsh?

Then after, we picked up my mate Rich and brought him back to Wales for the weekend. Amazing guy, got a lot of time for him. But you see, with this comes a terrible realization ... I miss living in South East England. Don't get me wrong, my life in Wales is everything I ever wished for with my job, the house, Doctor Who based mere minutes away and it goes without saying Dan - the love of my life. But there is a mentality, a way of thinking, a humour and disposition that you only get in decent folk back home ... see, I even still call it home despite how settled I am here. Over the last 6 weeks, I have either been up to see friends there or had people stay down here ... and I am a tad homesick. When Mark & Lyanne left two weeks ago after Madonna I felt a bit sad. Yesterday after Richie left I was miserable as a centipede with blisters. Still, I am good today and am seeing Roo this friday (day off work - get in!) with Amy coming over from Swansea on saturday.

So really, I think what I am saying is that I am dead lucky to have such great friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home