Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Thursday 20 March 2008

The Two Doctors

So Doctor Who is back for 'week 15 time and day to be confirmed' according to the BBC press office. So that's Saturday 5 April at 7.00pm then, yeah?
And tried to speak to my GP yesterday. I have been trying to get hold of them for a while but continually get voicemail. Not like, 'this is Dr Wotsisnames surgery' ... just the bog standard 'you have reached voicemail. leave a message' type thing. Further investigation showed that actually. the surgery are not on the number I had - which I am sure I have used to speak to them before.
On the right number, I got a message saying they were closed weds afternoons and would re open at 6. So I waited at work until 6 figuring i may be able to see them on my way home, and called again. To be told they are closed weds afternoons and would re open at 6.30.
huh?
That sooooooooooooooooooo said 6 when I rang at 1.15. So I drove home with the idea of popping in and booking in person. But at 6.34, they were still very closed. No problem, nila problemo, I said to myself, my doctor has three premises around Caerphilly and was clearly at a different one. I can be home in about 6 mins and will call.
By the time I got home, the car in the garage, fed Smeagol and had a quick wee ... it was still only 6.47.
'The surgery is now closed'
WHAT? They open in the evening for 15 mins?
Reet pissed off now, I rang NHS direct. The lovely call centre type advised it really did sound like mumps and I should speak to a nurse. I could expect a call by 8.00pm
So at 8.43 they rang me back.
A lovely nurse took me through the symptoms. I was awfully polite and even spoke of uncomfort in my testicles, rather than sore bollocks. He said def mumps and I should see my GP ASAP.
Rang my GP this morning. The receptionist said definitely mumps but under no circumstances should I be in contact with anyone, let alone coming in to the surgery so Doctor would call me back. Of course I was already sat in work at this point and have been all week, so its a bit late for that anyway.
Naturally, Doctor rang me back when I was sat in a meeting with a client. Rather than talk about my uncomfy testiclay with him, I left the room. Doctor thinks may not be mumps but just an unknown viral infection.
Well that's OK then

2 Comments:

  • At 6:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummm, I think you'll find that the Saturday of week fifteen is the 12th April and not the 5th.

     
  • At 9:44 am, Blogger Peter Pan said…

    Really? Are you sure?
    Oh well ..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home