Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Tuesday 22 July 2008

Short Trips and Fecktards

So in no particular order:
Mamma Mia. LOVED IT! Of course it helps that it has Christine Baranski in it (ooh, as I started typing, Dancing Queen has come on the radio). Its an utter cheese fest but really ... go in, kick off your heels and let your hair down. And stay through the credits.
Sadly, the first hour or so of the movie I had some inbred cunt of a woman from up the valleys chat at regular volume. So I told her to shut it. So she carried on. So I turned round and said really, I fucking meant it SHUT UP. Silence until the end of the movie. Then she tapped me on the shoulder and started having a go saying she had paid her money and would talk next time if she wants to. Please let her come to my till so I can refuse her entry, I thought. But stood up, turned around and screamed at her "You may have paid, but so has everyone else and they didn't come here to listen to you, you inbred fucking valleys whore. Now fuck off back up the A470 to Ponty, do me a favour and DON'T BREED".
Her amazingly insightful come back?
"Don't you breed either you gay"
Oh the pain.
I did apologise to the audience members around me for my language, but they all thought she had it coming.

Wall*E is amazing. Mostly because its very light on dialogue, which works on two levels. Firstly, it means that the kids don't get bored in the talky expositiony bits. Secondly, you can really admire the detail in the animation.
Do also make sure you are in your seats for Presto, the Pixar short that precedes it. Proving that Pixar really should reboot Roger Rabbit as a franchise.

I finally took the plunge and went to Prince Caspian too.
I don't mind admitting I had been inwardly putting it off as some things I read didn't match my hopes for the film, after being such a fan of the whole Septet (yes, its a word, unlike Quadrilogy, which FUCKING WELL IS NOT) for 30 years. I was anxious to say the least (heightened by my very delicate mental and emotional state right now ... but I may say more about that later .. or I might chicken out again) and spent the first 20 minutes or so actually really thinking that since it was going 'right' maybe it would be better to leave than be disappointed. Thank the Goddess I stayed! By the end I was totally in love with it. Its not as perfect as Lion/Witch/Wardrobe (hell, can we just call it Closet and be done?) .. I mean they have a cameo from The White Witch .. but its really not a bad adaptation. In fact, its very good!

Last week I worked from our London station for a day. That was good fun and also meant I got to squish in a very quick visit to Richies - largely because to do there and back in a day would have killed me and he kindly put me up the night before. I am back again this Friday ... having lunch at The Ritz! I KNOW! Had to buy posh trousers and everything (my suit ones need the hem wonder webbing). I am then staying in London, because Saturday is KYLIE!!!!
And before that, flying to Newcastle and back for work, slotting in a preview of The Dark Knight while I am there. Just no stopping me at the moment.

But ... Christ this is hard ... I am sad to report after a 4 year break, my depression has come back. Its been about for a while, probably getting on for two months truth be told. I am doing what I have always done with it, and carrying on best I can. Its not something i can give in to. On top of that, I did something a bit daft at work ... and while its not best to discuss on an open forum, its safe to say I have also totally had my confidence removed.
Each minute of each day feels like walking against the tide, but i keep moving forward. Not said anything to Dan, because he just says he doesn't know what he can do to help and then looks like he is going to cry ... which makes me feel worse because making him upset is the last thing I want to do. So its actually better for me to not say anything.

Still, shouldn't whinge. Nobody's life is in my hands. I have clothes, food and water and a nice house and I get to see films and eat chocolate and a trip to Florida to look forward to, Two Kylie & 1 Madonna gig ... I'm one of the lucky ones, right?

4 Comments:

  • At 3:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Finally saw Wall.E yesterday and LOVED it! However, like you, I had Problem Audience Syndrome. There weere only about 30 people in the cinema so of course a family of 4 sat next to me and Steve. Which wouldn't have been too much of a problem if they hadn't decided that - as the first 45 minutes has no dialogue - they needed to give a running commentary to their evidently-bloody-retarded daughter. 'Ooh look, he's picked up a bra! Ooh, He's put it over his eyes' God, I wanted to kill them! A few well placed throat clearings and a particularly vicious glower later, though, (and yes, my glowers can be seen in the dark) and they largely shut up.

    I blame decent home entertainment systems - people just don't realise they're not at home still. Or they're just ignorant.

    John, Letchworth

     
  • At 8:58 am, Blogger Pete Kempshall said…

    Sorry to hear about the depression - drop me a line if you need a natter.

     
  • At 11:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oi Mrs.... slaps comming your way and I suppose you had better send them back too. I think we are both on the same moon cycles or something (roll eyes)
    I think we need a weekend together soon, shame my cousin is getting married on the Madonna opening night, how dare he

    Altho I was laughing, you Will and Alex do seem to get the ejits in the cinema and have a wonderful way in making your feelings known heheee

    Shelley Xxx

     
  • At 11:45 pm, Blogger Nabu San said…

    Good god, Paul - my jaw literally dropped when I read your inbred valley girl insult :P LOL!

    You and I are two of a kind, total movie whores :P Sounds like you enjoyed most of the films you watched, but I'm sorry to say I had to switch off Mamma Mia after about forty minutes. I love me so cheese, and I love some musicals - but it just got all a bit too grating for me and I just couldn't watch anymore :P *sigh* I've let down my gay brethren.

    As for the depression, goodness knows how one deals with it - but whenever I'm feeling dowm, I try to keep myself busy - and entertained. And with your packed fun schedule over the next few days [yaay Kylie!] I do hope you feel happy again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home