Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Wednesday 5 November 2008

He's Not Me

So I have had no voice for two days now
Don't you wish you had been here to take advantage of that?
I have a swollen throat and my gland things in my neck are up to the point they poke out and I look like Frankenstein's Monster - and that really hurts.
So in a moment of self pity, and partly desperation after letting Dan watch nearly three hours of Power Rangers (he is worse than I am right now with this bug), inspired by something I read in Empire magazine today (last months issue), I watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Of course, I don't need to tell you anything about the film, because you have seen it. (Anybody who hasn't needs to do so immediately)
So you know the scene where they are leaving the swanky restaurant at lunchtime, and Ferris' dad is stood by the door? His Dad is having a conversation with his client. About advertising and finding the budget to advertise because if you want to sell more, you have to spend on advertising. A conversation I am involved in many many times a week.
When did that happen?
When did I become Ferris Buellers Dad?
When the movie first came out, I was 16, going on 17 (ooh sound like a cue for a song). I was quite a lot Ferris and just a bit Cameron. This worked fine because my best bud Alex was a lot Cameron but a bit Ferris, so we had a good balance.
But I suppose when you factor in that my son would have been 18 by now ... the age Ferris is in the film .. it sort of adds up.
Now I am not only ill but totally fucking depressed too.
The world can be so cruel.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, don't worry, you could be an old fart like me!

    John, Letchworth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home