Randomness

My life, the people in it and any other shit I decide to throw at you.

Monday 31 December 2007

Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink

And in the blink of an eye, another year has zipped by.
Have I discussed my theory of relativity with you? Also known as Paul's Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey theory.
Its like this: Take a one year old baby. Just not too far and do bring it back or its parents might spend a three month crusade of dominating the media and getting free trips around the world and to meet the pope, instead of actually looking for it. But that's not for here.
So to a one year old, a year is everything they have ever known. A month o mere twelfth of their life. But by the time they are five, the same year has reduced to a fifth, and that month to a sixtieth. So by the time you are me, and 36 and a half, a year is just a thirty sixth and that month is just one out of 438 (allowing for the and a half bit).
Everyone seems to be blogging about 2007, but frankly I have forgotten most of it already and if you really want to know, just go back and read all my entries for the past year. I have enjoyed it and that's really all that counts.
But anyhoo, Christmas!
What fun that was! I had a deluge of gifts this year, so shan't bore you with a load of stuff you didn't get and probably wouldn't want. Because you aren't me, so what was brilliant for me may not work for you! I do have to mention my Monster Book of Monsters though. Sent from across yonder pond by young Josh. Its great and I love it. It does attack people when they come round though. Well, I say it attacks .. clearly its me holding it and doing the voice...... and a flight control Tardis from Ade & Matt. Its brilliant! Of course, I got lots of lovely things from Dan too, but nothing beats just having him in my life to be honest.
And Doctor Who. Hm. Getting slated from all angles but I have to say I enjoyed it. Its not as good as I was hoping for, given an extra long ep with Min as the main guest star, but the camp nonsense I expect, nay .. demand .... from a Who xmas spesh. I mean, what right minded person wouldn't chuckle at the sight of the Queen, in dressing gown and slippers, tottering outside Buck House waving at the Titanic whooshing up into the sky, waving and crying out 'thank you Doctor'. Hilarious. It was cruel of them to make us watch Min die though. Twice.
Popped out for a meet up with Kinda on Saturday. My first real attendance. As the Brig would say, jolly nice chaps, all of them. Hoping to see them more in 08.
And yes, just hours now til 07 pops off and 08 drops by for a fleeting twelve months. By the end of which a month will be just a four hundred and forty fourth of my life.
Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home